Monday, April 14, 2008

The Meaning of Rescue

This is a lovely poem sent to the Canine Rescue list.

~The Meaning of Rescue~

Now that I'm home, bathed, settled and fed,
all nicely tucked in my warm new bed.
I'd like to open my baggage, lest I forget,
there is so much to carry - so much to regret.

Hmmm...Yes, there it is, right on the top,
let's unpack loneliness, heartache and loss.

And there by my perch hides fear and shame.
As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave -
I still have to unpack my baggage called pain.

I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
but I wasn't good enough - for they didn't want me.
Will you add to my baggage? Will you help me unpack?
Or will you just look at my things - and take me right back.

Do you have the time to help me unpack?
To help put away my baggage, to never repack?
I pray that you do - I'm so tired you see,
but I do come with baggage - Will you still want me?

~ Author Unknown ~

No comments: